How do I select which Stream to attend?
- ACND23 offers a professional registration that is designed for people who engage with individuals experiencing neurodevelopmental issues as part of their role. This stream provides access to content designed for the professional context and the option to access sessions on the Lived Experience program. Delegates receive a certificate of participation as evidence of professional development hours.
- ACND23 additionally provides a tailored program for a Lived Experience Stream. This is for people who are living with neurodiversity as a parent, carer, partner or spouse. The content is limited to practical strategies and advice to build strengths. Delegates with this registration do not have access to content designed specifically for professionals. A certificate of participation will not be provided.
I am a parent and a professional, so which registration do I select?
- Professional registration gives you the flexibility to access all sessions on the program, both those designed to support your practice or and those for your personal situation. You will receive evidence of participation for professional development hours. Lived experience excludes content designed to support your practice and does not come with certification of attendance.
- Lived Experience registration excludes content designed to support your practice and does not provide you with evidence of prefessional development hours.
I would like to attend in person, but what happens if I am unable to attend due to Covid restrictions or illness?
- In-person registrations can be transferred to online access at any time.
- Full refunds* on cancellations are accepted up to 1 month before the event via the Humanitix Platform.
- Registrations can be transferred to another participant up to two weeks before the event at no cost.
What does a Covid Safe event mean?
Tasmania is one of the safest locations in one of the safest countries in the world. The committee and Launceston Conference Centre are adhering to all state government regulations to ensure that this event meets all Covid safe requirements. Keeping our delegates and presenters safe whilst providing the opportunity to connect, learn and network, in person, is one of our highest priorities. When you participate in person you can expect:
- Spaced seating to adhere to physical distancing
- Hand sanitiser on entry to building and conference rooms
- Venue cleaning throughout the day
- Individualised catering
How do I select the right ticket price for me?
We hope you will be able to join ACND23 in person at the conference venue in Launceston, Tasmania. You may not be able to attend the conference venue, but you can still enjoy the benefits of ACND23 by attending with an online-only ticket. This will give you access to all the presentations for viewing live or at a time convenient to you for 28 days from Conference Opening.
I am living with neurodevelopmental issues. Can I attend ACND23?
We have a focused stream that is specially crafted for people who have a lived experience of neuro-developmental conditions. This lived experience may be as a parent, carer, spouse or a partner of someone with a diagnosis, or it may be an adult living with neurodevelopmental issues. At ACND23 we welcome those who bring experience of living with neurodevelopmental disorders and acknowledge the uniquely valuable contribution your knowledge adds. We hope that your lived journey will be strengthened by attending ACND23. On registration, you will be asked if you have any specific needs relating to your disorder that require support or adjustments.
How will my family who are living with neurodevelopmental difference benefit from ACND23?
The specially selected speakers at ACND23 all have expertise in helping families and people living with neurodevelopmental difference. You will learn strategies to help your family to grow and live life better informed on how to manage the challenges. You will join a community of participants who share your experience and can understand your unique parenting journey.
What does “online registration” mean?
ACND23 will use a blend of live in-person presentations and online presentations. Both styles of presentation will be streamed live to an online platform. These will be available for on demand viewing for 28 days from the commencement of the live event.
What does “online presentation” mean?
Some of our Presenters, internationally based or interstate, are joining us via video. Opportunities for live interaction with presenters, where time allows, is supported for in-person and online delegates via a Q&A platform.
Do I have to be at the Launceston Conference Centre to enjoy and participate in ACND23?
There is something uniquely special about physical presence at ACND23, walking side by side; the joy and friendship of our venue in Launceston. We understand the necessity of increased flexibility of attendance and are providing you with an option to attend this conference online. Our aim is to offer an equal experience of joy and engagement if you are attending ACND23 virtually.
Do I need to listen or stream the session live?
No. All sessions will be available on demand for 28 days. You can watch the presentation at a time most convenient to you or even watch your favourite presentation again as often as you like.
How do I ask a question of the presenter when I am streaming the conference?
There will be an option for you to ask a question using a Q&A platform. Like any event, there will be limited time for questions following the presentation. However, we will aim to respond to all questions asked following the live event.